Rink Side Recipe: Ginger-Sesame Chicken & Bok Choy
Prepared in Partnership with the Washington Capitals
Calories 321 | Carbs. 9g | Fat 19g | Protein 22g
3 large chicken breasts
6 baby bok choy
3 tbs olive oil
½ cup onion
1 tbs minced garlic
½ cup spring onion
6 TBS coconut aminos
3 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 inch knobs of fresh ginger grated
¼ cup filtered water
1 tbs honey (optional)
1 tbs arrowroot starch (optional)
For the chicken:
1. Cut the chicken into even bite-sized cubes. Let it marinate in 2 tbs of olive oil with salt and pepper while preparing the sauce.
2. Whisk the coconut aminos, water, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger and honey together. In a separate bowl, combine the arrowroot starch with 1 tbs of water. This is optional but will
thicken the sauce.
3. Heat a deep pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbs olive oil and ½ cup yellow onion. When fragrant, add 1 tbs garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
4. Add the chicken. When the chicken is almost cooked pour in 2/3 of the sauce. Reserve 1/3 for the bok choy. Add the arrowroot starch (make sure it is completely dissolved in the water). Cover and let cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Stir in ½ cup spring onion.
For the bok-choy:
1. Heat grill. Slice each baby bok choy in half. Lightly coat the cut side with ginger-sesame sauce.
2. When grill is hot, place bok choy cut side down on a diagonal. Lightly brush the side facing up with ginger-sesame sauce. Let cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Serve while hot!
At EMP 180° we offer a personalized approach to nutrition and weight loss. We support you throughout your weight loss journey, giving you the tools to lose the weight and EMPowering you to keep it off—forever.